Who Can Apply?
The criteria for accessing PRO Kids funding is
- Recipients must be 0-18 years of age, live in the Municipality of Chester and, due to lack of funds, can not participate in sport, recreation and cultural activities.
- Applicants can apply for assistance with registration fees and equipment costs at any time of year, but approval will only be considered once per season.
- Recipients must be registered with an organized community group in order to receive financial assistance.
- Applicants must fill out an application form and submit the completed form to the Recreation & Parks Office at least three weeks prior to the start of the program. Please note, that late applications may not receive approval in time to start the program.
- Approval is based on a Reference System. Applicants must provide the name of a reference that is familiar with their personal and financial situation and who can verify that the applicant requires financial assistance. The reference should be an adult who knows the family (not a relative or close friend). (Examples of Reference: Social Worker, Clergy, Group Leader, Coach, Teacher, Doctor). If the applicant is a client of Community Services, they can get Community Service to stamp the application form and no reference would be required. The applicant will be contacted if any further information is required.
- Applications are processed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Applicants should hear the results of their application within 3 weeks of applying.
- Cheques for registration fees will be made payable to the organization where the child is registered.
~ Confidentiality of all recipients will be protected. ~
Published: 21 January 2015
Created: 21 January 2015
Last Updated: 21 January 2015