The Municipality of the District of Chester is pleased to add an additional payment option for customers interested in using their credit card to pay their bill. Customers have the opportunity to make tax payments by using their Visa or MasterCard. The Municipality of the District of Chester has partnered with Paymentus Corporation to bring you the convenience of paying by credit card. Paymentus Corporation is a third party automated payment service that accepts Visa or MasterCard.
How do I access this Service?
Customers should be ready with:
- The account number of your tax or utility bill (located on your tax invoice)
- The balance owed on your bill, and
- Your credit card
To access the service either:
- Call toll free 1-866-810-2882 and you will be linked to a secure automated telephone payment system powered by our bill payment partner, Paymentus Corporation.
- Click on the Paymentus logo at the top or click here and you will be transferred to a secure web page powered by our bill payment partner, Paymentus Corporation.
- You will enter the payment information including the account number, credit card details and payment amount.
- You will be asked to confirm to pay a convenience fee.
- You will be provided with a confirmation number if the transaction is successful.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How will my payment be confirmed?
The Municipality will receive instant notification of your payment and will be posted to your account the next business day. For each payment you will receive a confirmation number. We will also send you an email confirmation for your records.
Why is there a Service Fee?
Paymentus charges a fee to use their service. The fee covers payment handling and processing charges.
Is the District of Chester getting any part of the fee?
The Municipality of the District of Chester does not receive any part of the service fee. Paymentus is an independent company providing a service for the Municipality of the District of Chester.
How much will I be paying in convenience fees?
- $ 3.00 per $ 100 of bill amount up to $ 500.00
- $ 3.00 per bill if amount is less than $ 100.00
- $ 500.00 - $ 2,000.00 – 2.65% of the bill amount
- Amounts greater than $ 2,000.00 must be paid in two steps, each with the applicable convenience fee.
How do I get more information on credit card payments?If you have questions, please give the Municipality a call at 902-275-3554.