The Municipality of Chester has a four-stream waste management system. The streams (and limits) are:
|Stream*||Limit (every two weeks)|
|Garbage||6 bags (one black + 5 clear)|
|Bulky Waste||1 item (guidelines below)|
|10 blue or clear bags (separate paper from other recyclables)|
1 green cart PLUS up to 3 paper yard waste bags or 3 bundles of 3’ branches
Scheduled Pick-Up or Drop-Off
We collect garbage, recyclables, recyclable paper and a green cart once every two weeks at the end of your driveway or road if you don’t receive curbside collection. Check your Waste Collection Calendar for your scheduled collection day. Collection begins at 7:00 a.m. If your waste is not at the curb by this time, it may not be collected. Sometimes the collector may start at a different area of the route, there may be a new driver, or a truck may break down. These factors could contribute to a different pick up time than you are accustomed to.
If your collection day falls on a holiday, collection will be rescheduled for either the Saturday before or the Saturday after if the site is also closed.
If you are a resident of the Municipality of Chester, you are permitted to bring up to 1,500 lbs of waste to the Landfill per trip, free of charge. If you are a contractor, please see our tipping fee schedule. We accept VISA or debit.
Kaizer Meadow accepts
- Compostable material
- Construction and demolition material (C & D)
- Contaminated soil
- Household hazardous waste
- Large appliances, including refrigerators
- Municipal solid waste
- Aerosol cans (cannot be collected with regular waste because they have the potential to explode. Bring them to Kaizer Meadow or drop them off at Adams Bottle Exchange in Gold River)
- Blue bag recyclables and recyclable paper
- Yard waste
Before calling the Solid Waste Department, use this checklist:
- Is it your week? Check the Waste Collection Calendar to find out.
- Was your waste at the curb on time? If your waste was out after 7:00 a.m., it may have been missed. If so, the collector will not come back for it.
- Was your waste rejected? Check for a sticker. Reasons for rejection include:
- exceeding the limit for waste (five clear bags plus one black bag of garbage, ten bags of recyclables including paper and bundles of cardboard, and one green cart plus three PAPER bags of yard waste)
- unsorted waste (check our Sorting Guide)
- dirty recyclables (unclean recyclables cannot be processed)
- contaminated green cart (compost only in the green cart; no plastic or garbage)
- Is your road passable? In the winter, if you live on a private road that hasn't been plowed, the collector may not travel on it for safety reasons.