There are a number of initiatives being taken by levels of government and various organizations to offset the financial impact on residents, small- and large-scale businesses, and non-profit organizations caused by COVID-19. We will do our best to post them all on this page.
Provincial Government Initiatives
- The Province of Nova Scotia's Support for individuals and families
- Home Energy Assistance Top-Up (HEAT): $400 rebate for emergency home heating or power bills.
- Nova Scotia Covid Relief Fund (NSCR): $400 rebate to help households impacted by the Covid 19 with their home heating or power bills.
- Heating Assistance Rebate Program (HARP): $200 rebate for home heating costs.
Visit the Province's Business Support webpage for information on assistance available for NS businesse
For non-profit organizations
Federal Government Initiatives
- Visit the Government of Canada's website for all of the up-to-date information about Canada's Economic Response Plan for Individuals
- The Government of Canada is offering programs to help manage your business through COVID-19
- Canada's Economic Response Plan for Businesses
Third Party Initiatives
- If you are worried about paying your bills during the pandemic, here is a contact list for banks, phone providors and NS Power.
- Nova Scotia Power: 1-800-428-6230
- Heritage Gas: 902-466-2003
- BMO: 1-877-788-1923
- CIBC: 1-877-454-9030
- National Bank of Canada: 1-888-835-6281
- RBC: 1-800-769-2511
- Scotiabank: 1-800-472-6842
- TD Bank: 1-888-720-0075
- HSBC: 1-888-310-4722
- Bell Aliant: 1-888-214-7896
- Eastlink: 1-888-345-1111
- Telus: 1-866-558-2273