St. Patrick’s Church, which was the first Roman Catholic church in Lunenburg County, was erected in 1827-1828 in New Ross. The first mass was celebrated by Rev. John Laughlin. The present church was built on the site of its predecessor in 1877. Rev. P. H. Holden was the priest in charge. The church bell (also built at the Causard Foundry in Colmar, Haut Rhin, France) was installed in 1931, in memory of the deceased relatives of the members. This small, well-cared for church, is revered by its members who have set an enviable example of religious stability and devotion.
This is a third party listing and has not been verified by the Municipality.