Skip to main content

Vendor Licensing

General Information

If as a transient trader you intend to hawk or peddle goods, wares or merchandise within the Village of Chester, you need to complete a Vendor Licence application form. If you plan to call or sell at an auction you will need to complete an Auctioneer Licence application form. Within the Planning Area of Chester the only zones open to these operations are designated “Highway Commercial” and “Commercial”

Things to think about

  • Check with Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture to ensure you are following any regulations or guidelines they have around selling food.
  • The Village of Chester has rules for portable and static signage as well. Contact Community Development at 902-275-2599.
  • Depending on your choice of location, the Nova Scotia Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal may also have to be contacted.